- Fixed Term
Job Advert-Role Description
The Home Improvement Agency offers a wide variety of services that aim to make people feel safe, comfortable and independent in their own homes.
Purpose of role:
To provide project support to the Health & Housing Coordinator, who’s aim is to enable patients a quick and safe discharge from hospital. Liaising with health professionals, local authorities and Home Improvement Agency (HIA) staff, and carrying out any other administrative duties to assist the HIA.
- To undertake general administrative tasks associated with the broad range of services provided by the HIA including telephone enquiries, booking visits, data entry, post handling/correspondence, local research, referrals to other agencies and all associated paper work relating to the relevant service/s.
- Promote the remit of the service to a range of clients and other professionals as appropriate, to include the marketing of services to a range of organisations at external events.
- To prioritise, plan and co-ordinate the designated workload to ensure completion to time and specified quality standards.
- To respond to client enquiries and complaints, ensuring that timescales are met in line with the internal complaints policy.
- To update, monitor and provide accurate information and data to ensure comprehensive management of client files and to assist with the production of statistical information and reports.
- Utilise Peabody data collection and management systems where appropriate to maintain up to date participant, partner or other information.
- To process payments and recharges for works through invoicing and internal systems.
- To ensure the provision of excellent customer service to all stakeholders (residents, customers, community groups, partner organisations and colleagues) to maximise customer satisfaction and support the groups diversity and customer involvement strategy.
- To work effectively with colleagues and teams across the business to ensure that a seamless service is delivered to clients to ensure a positive outcome and customer experience.
- To keep abreast of local organisations and opportunities and be familiar with the range of support services.
- To undertake such other duties as are appropriate to meeting the responsibilities, policies and procedures and whenever reasonably instructed, which may include working outside normal working hours, attending team meetings and training courses.
- Undertake role at any service location to meet operational needs and deliver other duties within your capabilities as may be reasonably required
- Implement the association’s equal opportunities policy as an integral part of all duties and observe the letter and the spirit of the policy at all times.
- To follow Peabody Health and Safety policies and procedures to ensure, as far as is practicable, your own safety and that of others in the workplace.
- Implement effective safeguarding practice for vulnerable adults and children, liaising promptly with colleagues, partner agencies and other stakeholders regarding safeguarding, welfare and risk concerns in accordance with Peabody policy.
- Willingness and commitment to complete the qualifications that form the Business Administration level 3 apprenticeship
- Confident IT user with good computing skills; working knowledge of Word, Excel and database systems
- Good written, verbal, numeracy and IT skills; confident telephone, email and internet skills
- Excellent organisational skills and time management skills
- Ability to work as part of a team and build and maintain effective and supportive relationships with peers and partners
- Travel will be essential to the role, so must have access to private transport
- Empathy with a commitment to equal opportunities and desire to support vulnerable people
- Professionalism with the ability to contribute towards a positive team dynamic
- Understanding of the importance of confidentiality including the Data Protection Act
- Understand the importance of a client centred team and have a demonstrable commitment to high standards of customer service/care
- Maths and English: GCSE A-C grade / Level 2 or equivalent
No back ground check is required for this role.