Support Worker, Islington Learning Disability Services (accommodation-based)
37.5 per week
£19,890.00 per annum
London Borough of Islington
City Forum is an exciting new service which has been developed to support 10 adults with learning disabilities to live independent lives in Islington. The service is 24/7, and our colleagues are rostered to work a combination of shifts to cover a 24/7 rota.
Job Advert-Role Description
Directorate: London Care and Support
Job Family: Care and Support
Reports to: Team Manager
Salary: £19,980.00 (full-time equivalent)
To provide support for people with Learning Disabilities in their own homes. To strive to enable the people we support to have a fulfilled life and to live independently.
- To support customers who are living in supported accommodation
- To provide a Person centred approach of support to enable the person to live independently.
- To undertake any personal care duties required for any individual
- To support customers in understanding and sustaining their tenancy
- To provide twenty-four hour support including sleep in cover.
- To provide person centred support, to focus on providing the right amount of support to assist the individual to participates in all areas of their life.
- To provide support to customers with wide range of needs both within their own home and in their local area.
- To provide opportunities by which customers will be enabled to develop independent living skills.
- To support customers to access professional or specialist services where necessary.
- To support customers to have choice and control around for meaningful engagements; such as activities that the customer would enjoy or aspire to at home or in the local area.
- To support customers to recognise the benefits of additional support services related to their individual needs and assist them in accessing these services.
- To provide basic welfare benefits advice, including referral to specialist welfare benefit advisors and liaison with benefit agencies as appropriate
- To implement and follow the Support and Risk Management plans.
- To follow the Safeguarding Adults at Risk procedures
- To adhere to all organisation policies and procedures, giving feedback on content where appropriate and asking for clarification if unsure
- To comply with Peabody’s commitments to Diversity, Equal Opportunities policy, Race Equality strategy and any associated action plans
- To follow the Health and Safety at work policy and procedures including reporting of any unsafe acts or conditions to their manager.
- To keep accurate and professional written and IT based records in line with the protocols of the service
- To ensure strict protocols are followed around the support of customers and their finances in line with policies and procedures.
- To maintain customers and company confidentiality.
- To adhere to professional boundaries and the Companies Code of Conduct
- To maintain excellent and professional relationships with visitors to the schemes and other stakeholders that may be involved with customer support.
- To report to managers any concerns that you may have regarding the quality of the service
- To provide information and reports if requested
- To attend meetings and reviews as required
- To undertake other duties that are reasonable requested by senior staff
- Good interpersonal and organisational skills
- Knowledge of professional boundaries
- Computer literate
- Ability to think on feet, respond to challenging situations and make reasoned decisions
- To be kind and caring
- To have respect and honesty for and with others
- To be self aware
- To have an ability to empower and enthuse
- To work as a team member and understand the importance of support to colleagues and good communication
- To be flexible and adaptable
- Ability to communicate well and offer appropriate support
- Understanding and non-judgemental
- Willingness to undertake all appropriate training
- Previous experience working in a Care and or Supported Housing environment
- Previous experience of working with vulnerable people
- Knowledge of welfare rights and benefits
- Knowledge of Landlord and Tenant matters
- Understanding of budgeting
- Knowledge of risk assessment and safeguarding procedures/processes
- Ability to think of innovative solutions to overcome obstacles
- Awareness of outside agencies and what they can provide
This post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.