Bank Support Worker
£9.00 per hour
Pathways, Bexhill On Sea
The service is in Bexhill and consists of 12 bedrooms with communal bathrooms, kitchens and lounges.
The service offers housing, along with specialist support for people between the ages of 18 and 65, who have mental health issues and are vulnerable, and are in need of help to develop skills to live independently.
Customers meet regularly with their support worker. The support provided is tailored to your individual needs but may include finance, independent living skills, tenancy maintenance, cooking, DIY skills, health, training and work.
Customers are supported by the service for up to two years. During this time, experienced support staff will assist you to manage your mental health, recovery and improve your confidence. When you are ready to move on, we can support you to find suitable independent accommodation in the local area.
The service works in conjunction with statutory mental health services to provide a comprehensive support package
Job Advert-Role Description
- An understanding of the needs of vulnerable people including older people, young people and children, people with learning disabilities and/or people with mental health needs
- A commitment to achieving equal opportunities for people with support needs
- A genuine desire to help vulnerable people to connect with their community
- Kindness, empathy, a positive attitude, energy and enthusiasm
- An ability to keep clear and accurate records
- Some experience of providing support or personal care to vulnerable people either in a volunteering or professional role
- Availability to work some unsocial hours ie weekends and public holidays if the service requires it
- An understanding of customer service in a service delivery setting
- Basic knowledge of health and safety issues relating to care and/or support of vulnerable people
- Knowledge of equality, diversity and inclusion as they relate to vulnerable people
- Understanding of confidentiality and data protection issues
- Understanding of the difference between care and housing related support
- Understanding of the concept of housing related support and supporting people to help themselves
- Skills and abilities:
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers, staff and stakeholders
- Demonstrable customer service skills
- Effective written verbal and communication skills
- Good team worker
- Ability to work flexibly to meet customer needs and service requirements
- Excellent time management skills
- Basic IT literacy
- You will need to have access to a car or other independent means
- Enhanced DBS clearance
This post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.