Support Worker - London
Various hours available (full time and part time)
£19,890 per annum (full time equivalent) £9.56 per hour
London, various locations
Job Advert-Role Description
To deliver high quality and effective support services,which promote the independence, wellbeing and inclusion of customers in accordance with Peabody policies and procedures and the principles of best practice.
- Carry out needs and risk assessments, complete support plans, provide support, and carry out reviews, in accordance with policies and procedures and the requirements of stakeholders and funders.
- Hold a caseload of clients, and provide support to them on a key work basis in their own homes or at an alternative venue if required.
- Provide practical and emotional support to customers to achieve the outcomes set out in their support plan.
- Support customers to identify, move into, and sustain housing which meets their needs, including supporting customers to ‘bid’ for properties and report maintenance issues
- Support customers to develop and maintain positive and effective relationships with their family, friends, carers and other professionals. Implement effective safeguarding practice for vulnerable adults and children in accordance with local authority and Peabody policies, guidance and protocol
- Accurately input customer data onto a client database in a timely manner and ensure records are maintained to evidence compliance with the service specification, commissioner requirements and internal and external key performance indicators.
- Liaise promptly with colleagues, partner agencies and other stakeholders regarding safeguarding, welfare and risk concerns in accordance with Peabody policy.
- Maintain safe practise at all times in accordance with Peabody's health and safety policy
- To be able to work across the care and support directorate as required and requested by line management.
- To be able to fulfil and pr ovide a service across a 24/7 pattern including weekend and bank holidays as required.
- To be able to undertake either a waking night or sleep in duty as required & to be able to undertake a full range of manual handling tasks, including assistance with personal care, hoists, wheelchairs and general household tasks including shopping
This post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.