Support Workers - Wivenhoe, Essex
Various full time 37.5hrs / part time night from 27hrs plus
£17,550 (£9 per hour)
The services support people with Learning Disabilities in the Clacton and Wivenhoe area. We are looking for night and day support workers to work at several of the services.
Job Advert-Role Description
To deliver high quality and effective support services, which promote the independence, wellbeing and inclusion of customers, in accordance with Peabody policies and procedures and the principles of best practice.
- Carry out needs and risk assessments, complete support plans, provide support, and carry out reviews, in accordance with policies and procedures and the requirements of stakeholders and funders.
- Hold a caseload of clients, and provide support to them on a keywork basis in their own homes or at an alternative venue if required.
- Provide practical and emotional support to customers to achieve the outcomes set out in their support plan.
- Support customers to identify, move into, and sustain housing which meets their needs, including supporting customers to ‘bid’ for properties and report maintenance issues
- Support customers to maximise their income, to access benefits, and to budget to cover domestic bills and living expenses
- Support customers to make full use of community facilities, play an active role in their community and take up cultural, recreational, educational and employment opportunities.
- Support customers to maximise their physical and mental health, through liaison with health services and the promotion of a healthy lifestyle.
- Support customers to develop and maintain positive and effective relationships with their family, friends, carers and other professionals
- Implement effective safeguarding practice for vulnerable adults and children in accordance with local authority and Family Mosaic policies, guidance and protocol
- Accurately input customer data onto a client database in a timely manner and ensure records are maintained to evidence compliance with the service specification, commissioner requirements and internal and external key performance indicators
- Work with support workers and support coordinators to manage risks to customers, staff and the community.
- Liaise promptly with colleagues, partner agencies and other stakeholders regarding safeguarding, welfare and risk concerns in accordance with Family Mosaic policy.
- Promote self advocacy and advocate where appropriate for all customers
- Participate in customer reviews, team meetings and training course
- Clearly explain the remit of the service to a range of clients and other professionals as appropriate
- Implement the association’s equal opportunities policy as an integral part of all duties and observe the letter and the spirit of the policy at all times;
- Maintain safe practise at all times in accordance with Family Mosaic’s health
- Follow all relevant association policies and procedures and undertake any other reasonable requests from your line manager.
This post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.