Specialist Support Worker - Mid Sussex
37.5 hours per week
£22,500 per annum
Haywards Heath & Burgess Hill
Peabody’s care and support services work with over 5500 people across London, Essex and the South East. Our main aim, across all these services, is to offer people just the right amount of support to help them live happy, fulfilled and independent lives. We are committed to putting the most vulnerable first and treating every person as an individual so that they can live more independently, with dignity, choice and control.
If you want to make a difference to someone in your community, support them to achieve their potential and help them enjoy life, then we want to hear from you.
Job Advert-Role Description
- You will carry out needs and risk assessments, complete support plans, provide support, and carry out reviews in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Supporting customers to identify and sustain housing which meets their needs, you will help maximise their income, access benefits, and budget to cover domestic bills and living expenses.
- You will also assist with medication prompting and helping the customer engage in social activities.
- You will be a team player, flexible and be able to cover a seven day rota.
- Experience with mental health, complex needs and substance misuse is desirable for this post.
- Our customers require support to access community activities and private appointments. Therefore, you will need access to a car or other independent means of transport to facilitate this.
This post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.