Assistant Team Manager
37.5 hours per week
£21,500 per annum (full time equivalent)
Peabody is one of the largest providers of care and support services in London, Essex and the Southeast. With more than 40 years’ experience, we deliver services to over 8,000 people. Our customers are varied and include young and older people, people with learning and physical disabilities, and people with experience of mental illness, substance misuse and homelessness.
Our philosophy of support is straightforward: we don’t believe that anything, or anyone, is too complex. We treat every person as an individual and assist their journey to independence, with increased dignity, choice and control.
Our work is rewarding; with a real sense of purpose – with the opportunity of seeing customers and staff reach their full potential priceless! No one customer journey is the same and you will be privileged to be part of it.
Job Advert-Role Description
- To help manage the staff team effectively within the scope of Peabody’s Policies, Procedures and service requirements.
- To manage the assessment, support planning and review process so that support delivered to tenants is effective and appropriate. To present evidence of outcomes achieved by tenants as a consequence of the support to stakeholders.
- To support the team in dealing effectively and innovatively with service users who are disengaging and refusing to accept support or work with support staff. To assist and participate in action plans to deal with complex behaviour or situations that arise.
- To give direction to staff in the management of difficult behaviour or incidents at the service. To ensure that all anti-social behaviour is robustly and effectively dealt with appropriately.
- Ensure that the service provides support that will encourage the active participation of vulnerable people in attaining new skills and confidence in their personal abilities.
- In conjunction with the support workers to draw up, provide and continually review individual programmes of support for tenants at the scheme, including budgeting, meaningful occupation, life skills, taking appropriate risks, etc.
- To ensure all staff are promoting independence to enable tenants to maintain and enhance their quality of life.
- Ensure appropriate risk assessments are in place for all service users, including risk management plans where appropriate
- To ensure that scheme rules are appropriate and adhered to by tenants and staff
- To ensure that anti-social and/or criminal behaviour within the service is not tolerated and action plans are in place to manage any such situations.
- To ensure that the staff team maintain accurate and professional records in line with data protection requirements.
- To ensure the training and development needs of the staff team are met.
- To manage staff performance robustly to ensure professional, ethical and qualitative behaviour.
- Ensure services meet Housing Related Support and other Statutory agencies standards and contractual obligations.
- Ensure that the service meets all Key Performance Indicators and targets. Complete all required returns related to Peabody’s Key Performance Indicators and returns.
- Maintain and enhance internal and external networking opportunities.
- Maintain consistency in decision-making and service provision.
- Efficiently and effectively cover the rota – ensuring that the service is meeting all its requirement to provide staff support. To provide emergency and flexible cover directly when required to minimise use of relief and agency staff.
- To attend evening and weekend meetings and participate in the call out rota as and when required.
- To carry out any other duties as and when requested by Senior Managers
- Ensure all Peabody procedures are followed and comply with and demonstrate commitment to Peabody’s Diversity Policy, Equal Opportunities Policy and associated action plans.
- To comply with general Health and Safety duties (set out in the Peabody’s Health and Safety Policy), and work in a safe manner reporting any unsafe acts or conditions to a member of management.
This post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.