Complex Needs Assertive Outreach/Hostel Worker, Southend-on Sea
37.5 hours per week
£22,250 per annum (full time equivalent) £10.70 per hour
Southend-on Sea, Essex
- Fixed Term
The outreach service is dedicated to the delivery of support to chronically excluded adults, such as those drug & alcohol using adults in Southend who have been traditionally hard to engage in services designed to reduce the negative impacts of their substance use.
Job Advert-Role Description
- To continue the development and delivery of an existing service which provides support and interventions to chronically excluded adults in Southend, either on outreach or in a hostel setting.
- To engage with and encourage people who have been traditionally hard to engage into treatment, health and accommodation services and to support individuals in gaining adequate information that enables them to make informed choices about their lives and also to better manage their emotional and personal well being.
- To provide advocacy and promote physical and financial well-being positive relationship with their families.
- In conjunction with colleagues and Senior Managers, to be responsible for the effective operation of the Substance Misuse and Assertive Outreach Team, in line with policies and procedures.
- Develop an environment of co-operation and support, where chronically excluded adults’ views are listened to, taken seriously and met where possible.
- Where delivering support, to remain neutral.
- Provide support and information to chronically excluded adults (CEA) on their right, responsibilities and options
- Provide information on Welfare Benefit entitlement
- Assist CEA to access specialist help or assistance when necessary
- Where appropriate, to liaise with Social Services, the housing department, registered housing providers (e.g. supported housing), housing agencies, police, CMHT, primary care services, drugs & alcohol treatment services, landlords to assist people to access treatment, harm minimisation and accommodation options
- To signpost and network with a range of partner agencies within the Borough and beyond as appropriate (statutory or voluntary).
This post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.