Floating Support Worker
37.5 hours per week
£19,250 per annum
St Leonards-on-sea, East Sussex
STEPS provides support to people who need help to manage and maintain their independence at home. The service is available to anyone aged 60 and over facing housing difficulties.
Job Advert-Role Description
Key responsibilities include:
- To ensure support provided is structured, time-bound and outcome focussed with goals set for both the client and provider to work towards.
- To support clients to achieve their outcomes, ensuring they are supported to make choices, take control of their support, build social networks and become digitally included.
- To create a supportive environment for service users, whilst respecting their right of choice and to live with dignity and respect.
- To carry out needs and risks assessments, complete support plans, provide support, and carry out reviews, in accordance with agreed policy and procedure and the requirements of stakeholders and funders.
- To maintain accurate and timely support records, provide accurate performance information and achieve performance targets in accordance with agreed policy.
- To develop and maintain good links with local statutory and voluntary agencies to enable service users to access appropriate services and support, including ASC, OT, NHS, GPs, Age UK, the Fire Service and voluntary and community sector.
- To provide appropriate advice and support to service users to maintain their tenancy and remain independent e.g. assistance with maximising
- welfare benefits entitlement, providing advice about community equipment and simple aids for daily living.
- To act as an advocate for service users, when appropriate e.g. when a service user finds it difficult to talk to service providers, agencies, voluntary organisation or family concerning personal issues or their support needs.
- To comply with health and safety and security requirements, adhering to the terms of relevant legislation and policy.
- To contribute to production of comprehensive service user information and programme of customer consultation and participation.
- To deliver a service in line with the relevant customer service policies, procedures and practice which is unbiased and reflects good equality and diversity practice.
- To implement relevant Safety Policy and Procedures, ensuring that all practices and procedures are undertaken in accordance with providing a healthy and safe working environment for staff and clients.
- To undertake such other duties, training and / or hours of work as may be reasonably required and which are consistent with the general level of responsibility of this job.
Interviews are scheduled to take place on Wednesday 6th & Thursday 7th November 2019.
This post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.