Care Support Worker - Basildon
26 hours per week - Wednesday, Thursday, Friday & Saturday
£17,550 per annum (pro rata)
Our Basildon Visiting Team: Support customers in their own home with daily life skills, support to attend health appointments, work at day services with customers and support customers with social activities.
Job Advert-Role Description
- Provide practical and emotional support to customers to achieve the outcomes set out in their care and/or housing support plan.
- Provide personal care to customers as detailed and instructed within the care plan in accordance with Peabody policy and procedures.
- Provide person-centred housing related support to meet individual needs as described in the customers housing support plan.
- Assist in promoting general social activities for customers.
- Maintain, review and update care and support plans under the guidance of your Manager.
- Ensure that all procedural guidelines relating to care, housing support, administration and health and safety are observed.
- Implement effective safeguarding practice for customers in accordance with local authority and Peabody policies, guidance and protocol.
- Assist your Manager in liaising with the landlord/Housing Association about the maintenance and upkeep of the premises and all fixtures and fittings.
- Support customers to develop and maintain positive and effective relationships with their family, friends, carers and other professionals.
- Liaise promptly with colleagues and you Manager regarding safeguarding, welfare and risk concerns in accordance with Peabody policy.
- Promote self-advocacy and advocate where appropriate for customers.
- Participate in customer reviews, team meetings and training courses, as required.
- Comply with, and demonstrate commitment to Peabody’s equality and diversity policy as an integral part of all duties and observe the letter and the spirit of the policy at all times.
- Maintain safe practice at all times in accordance with Peabody’s health and safety policy.
- Follow all relevant Peabody policies and procedures and undertake any other reasonable requests from your manager.
- Able to work additional hours outside of contractual hours to meet operational needs at times of emergency or crisis.
Please note: Interviews are scheduled to take place on Monday 11th November 2019.
This post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.