Support Worker, Wivenhoe
37.5 hours per week, part hours considered
£18,135 per annum (pro rata) (£9.30 per hour) and sleep ins £73.89
Peabody’s care and support services work with over 5500 people across London, Essex and the South East. Our main aim, across all these services, is to offer people just the right amount of support to help them live happy, fulfilled and independent lives. We are committed to putting the most vulnerable first and treating every person as an individual so that they can live more independently, with dignity, choice and control.
Job Advert-Role Description
- Carry out risk assessments, complete support plans, provide support, and carry out reviews, in accordance with policies and procedures and the requirements of stakeholders and funders.
- Provide practical and emotional support to customers to achieve the outcomes set out in their support plan.
- Support customers to budget to cover domestic bills and living expenses
- Support customers to make full use of community facilities, play an active role in their community and take up cultural, recreational, educational and employment opportunities.
- Support customers to maximise their physical and mental health, through liaison with health services and the promotion of a healthy lifestyle.
- Support customers to develop and maintain positive and effective relationships with their family, friends, support workers and other professionals.
- Implement effective safeguarding practice for vulnerable adults and children in accordance with local authority and Peabody policies, guidance and protocol.
- Liaise promptly with colleagues, partner agencies and other stakeholders regarding safeguarding, welfare and risk concerns in accordance with Peabody policy.
- Clearly explain the remit of the service to a range of clients and other professionals as appropriate
- Maintain safe practise at all times in accordance with Peabody’s health and safety policy
This post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.