Support Workers, Clacton-on-Sea
37.5 hours per week (full time). Part time opportunities available
£18,135 per annum (pro rata) (£9.30 per hour) and sleep ins £73.89
Peabody’s care and support services work with over 5500 people across London, Essex and the South East. Our main aim, across all these services, is to offer people just the right amount of support to help them live happy, fulfilled and independent lives. We are committed to putting the most vulnerable first and treating every person as an individual so that they can live more independently, with dignity, choice and control.
Job Advert-Role Description
- Carry out needs and risk assessments, complete support plans, provide support, and carry out reviews, in accordance with policies and procedures and the requirements of stakeholders and funders.
- Hold a caseload of clients, and provide support to them on a key work basis in their own homes or at an alternative venue if required.
- Provide practical and emotional support to customers to achieve the outcomes set out in their support plan.
- Support customers to identify, move into, and sustain housing which meets their needs, including supporting customers to ‘bid’ for properties and report maintenance issues
- Support customers to maximise their income, to access benefits, and to budget to cover domestic bills and living expenses
- Support customers to make full use of community facilities, play an active role in their community and take up cultural, recreational, educational and employment opportunities. Support customers to maximise their physical and mental health, through liaison with health services and the promotion of a healthy lifestyle.
- Support customers to develop and maintain positive and effective relationships with their family, friends, carers and other professionals. Implement effective safeguarding practice for vulnerable adults and children in accordance with local authority and Family Mosaic policies, guidance and protocol
- Accurately input customer data onto a client database in a timely manner and ensure records are maintained to evidence compliance with the service specification, commissioner requirements and internal and external key performance indicators
- Work with support workers and support coordinators to manage risks to customers, staff and the community.
- Liaise promptly with colleagues, partner agencies and other stakeholders regarding safeguarding, welfare and risk concerns in accordance with Family Mosaic policy.
- Promote self advocacy and advocate where appropriate for all customers
- Participate in customer reviews, team meetings and training course
- Clearly explain the remit of the service to a range of clients and other professionals as appropriate Implement the association’s equal opportunities policy as an integral part of all duties and observe the letter and the spirit of the policy at all times;
- Maintain safe practise at all times in accordance with Family Mosaic’s health and safety policy
- Follow all relevant association policies and procedures and undertake any other reasonable requests from your line manager
This post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.